Starting A Prius:
- Press down brake and hold (foot must be on brake or car won't start).
- Place key in square ignition (found right of steering wheel).
- Press "Power" button (hold down for 2 seconds).
- Pull lever up to "R" (reverse) or down to "D" (drive) and release.
Shutting Down A Prius:
- Press down on brake and hold.
- Press Park button (this puts the car in Park).
- Press "Power" button (this turns the car off).
- Pull the key out of the ignition.
If the car doesn't "work" it most likely isn't on all the way. Turn everything off and start over from step one. A light that reads "READY" will appear on the dashboard when the car is on.